Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Vote Machu Picchu!


Good Morning America and USA Today are running a poll as to what the Eight Wonder Of The World should be.

It seems a panel of international experts (snooty world travelers I'd guess) chose 7 New Wonders Of The World. Wonderful.

Here are 8 that didn't make the cut.

Vote for the 8th!

Now, some of you might think, hey, NewBlue, you're American, why not The Grand Canyon or A Saturn Rocket?

First of all, a rocket? Please.

Second of all, yes, the Grand Canyon is a natural wonder, carved out by water for millions of eons. It's above any international experts lists. It will be there long after we are gone. We're just a temporary case of the gnats crawling around in it at the time.

But Machu Picchu is a feat of human enginering, strength and vision. I haven't been there, yet, but it is on the top of my list of places to see before I'm arrested and sentenced to life in Arkham.

And it's fun to say. Say it: Machu Picchu.

And it's what I would write down on my Spanish tests in High School whenever I didn't know the answer. Those first semester tests were full of Machu Picchus!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

awesome! When you go, can I go with you?

Some Guy said...

Machu Picchu is pretty high on my list of shit to see as well. I'd vote for it...